GQ AUSTRALIA CELEBRATES TEN YEARS OF THE GQ MEN OF THE YEAR AWARDS, IN ASSOCIATION WITH CHIVAS
GQ Australia has marked a decade of the GQ Men of the Year Awards, in association with Chivas, with nineteen awards being presented at a black tie gala dinner in Sydney overnight and in the accompanying issue of the magazine, on sale Thursday 17 November.
Last night, some of the biggest international stars walked the GQ black carpet, including GQ’s ‘International Man of the Decade’, Jon Hamm, and ‘Woman of the Year’ Iggy Azalea, alongside guests including Chivas ambassador Chris Evans, Rose Byrne, Scott Eastwood, Jai Courtney and Louis Vuitton’s Men’s Artistic Director, Kim Jones.
Actor Chris Hemsworth was named GQ’s ‘Man of the Year’ for 2016.
“Thank you very much to everyone at GQ for this great honour,” said Hemsworth of his award. “Thanks to everyone else in the room, to all the great men out there that have inspired me. And thanks to my wife, and all the great women of the world who make us men truly what we are.”
Other Australians on hand to celebrate at the Ivy Ballroom included actors Richard Roxburgh, Luke Bracey, and Ben Mingay, sports stars Dylan Alcott, Western Bulldogs’ Easton Wood, Ian Thorpe and Adam Goodes and media personalities Stan Grant, Peter Greste, Matt Preston, Jason Dundas, Joel Creasey, Fitzy and Wippa, Lisa Wilkinson and Peter Fitzsimons.
Supermodels Jordan Barrett and Jarrod Scott were also on hand, along with former Brioni creative director, Justin O’Shea.
The GQ Men of the Year Awards recognise extraordinary individuals who have achieved success in a chosen field while remaining true gentlemen.
GQ Australia editor-in-chief Nicholas Smith said: “Looking back at the past ten years o
Managing Director Pernod Ricard Pacific, Bryan Fry said: “Chivas Regal is delighted to once again be associated with the GQ Men Of The Year Awards – an event which epitomises our belief that success is better when shared, and a great opportunity to toast the incredible achievements of Australian and International talent”.f the GQ Men of the Year Awards, what stands
out is not just what a great tradition it’s become, but that when we started a decade ago, people said there was no way we could do it every year. They said we’d run out of people to celebrate, that there wasn’t enough local talent. Well, I’m proud to say that a full decade since I took to the podium and announced those very first winners, the pool of talent is yet to run dry. In fact, it’s deeper than ever with this year’s winners proof of that.”
The 2016 GQ Men of the Year Awards were hosted by broadcaster Hamish Macdonald and guests were treated to a performance by 2016 ‘Breakthrough Solo Artist’ Harts (Darren Hart), who performed ‘Peculiar’ and ‘Power’ – original songs from his new album, Smoke Fire Hope Desire. Throughout the night guests sipped on custom Chivas cocktails for the special event including: Chivas Collins, Salt & Pepper Cobbler, Rob Roy, Spiced Ginger Julep and, as is tradition, all winners were congratulated with a customary Scottish toast of the new Chivas ultra-prestige whisky Chivas Ultis.
Presented in association with Chivas, key partners of the 2016 GQ Me
The annual GQ Men of the Year 2016 collector’s issue is on sale TODAY with four exclusive covers and exclusive interviews and accompanying shoots featuring all 19 award winners.n of the Year Awards included Audi, Bulgari, LYNX, HP, Woolmark, David Jones, QANTAS and QT Sydney.
For exclusive behind-the-scenes clips from the GQ Men of the Year shoots and the black tie awards event including red carpet and acceptance speeches visit gq.com.au and here: http://bit.ly/2fiO5dc.
Winners of the 2016 GQ Men of the Year awards:
1. Man of the Year, in association with Chivas Chris Hemsworth
2. International Man of the Decade, in association with LYNX Jon Hamm
3. Woman of the Year Iggy Azalea
4. Actor of the Year Joel Edgerton
5. Man of Style, in association with David Jones Justin O’Shea
6. Acting Legend, in association with Audi Richard Roxburgh
7. Entrepreneurs of the Year, in association with Chivas Atlassian
8. Chef of the Year, in association with Audi Shannon Bennett
9. Iconic Artist, in association with Bulgari Ken Done
10. Agenda Setter of the Year, in association with HP Stan Grant
11. Comedian of the Year, in association with HP Joel Creasey
12. Breakthrough Solo Artist of the Year, in association with Bulgari Harts
13. Man of Chivalry, in association with Chivas Peter Greste
14. Sportsman of the Year, in association with QANTAS Dylan Alcott
15. Ensemble of the Year, in association with QT Hacksaw Ridge cast
16. International Menswear Designer of the Year,
in association with Woolmark Kim Jones
17. Team of the Year Western Bulldogs
18. Breakthrough Sportsman of the Year Kyle Chalmers
19. Breakthrough Actor, in association with the Telegraph, Confidential Keiynan Lonsdale