Last night, GQ Australia celebrated the 13th annual GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi. Seventeen awards were presented at a black tie gala at the Hyatt Regency in Sydney with seven special digital covers revealed ahead of the special GQ Men of the Year issue going on sale on Monday 02 December.
The GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi recognise and honour extraordinary men and women who lead by example, striving for positive change, and achieving great success in their chosen field.
Some of the biggest international stars walked the GQ red carpet in Sydney tonight, including: GQ Woman of the Year Zendaya, recipient of the GQ Film Icon award Baz Luhrmann, GQ Model of the Year Alton Mason and GQ TV Actor of the Year Jacob Elordi.
GQ Australia editor Michael Christensen said: “The GQ Men of the Year awards presented by Audi champion the men and women who have excelled in their fields, reaching dizzying new heights in everything they do. In their own unique way, they have all used their work and their platforms to raise greater awareness for what they’re passionate about, and together they’re the role models for today and tomorrow.
“Few have had a bigger 2019 than Jason Momoa, Zendaya, Winston Duke and Alton Mason. But for me the real privilege of hosting these awards lies in giving the likes of HoMie, Song for the Mute and Matt Stone the praise they so deserve; or the trust bestowed upon us by Dan Sultan to tell his story the right way. To crown Ash Barty Sportsperson of the Year is a huge highlight, so too is recognising the nuance and societal relevance in Scott Marsh’s artwork. It’s been a privilege to collaborate with the brightest Aussie stars of the future in Jacob Elordi, Chris Pang and the cast of True History of The Kelly Gang, but special mention is reserved for Baz Luhrmann, to whom we owe so much for Australia being the creative, expressive and forward thinking country it is.
“Congratulations to all our winners, and huge thanks to presenting partner Audi, and supporting partners Grey Goose Vodka, Paco Rabanne, Qantas, Coach New York and R.M.Williams.”
Audi Australia chief customer & marketing officer Nikki Warburton said: “Audi is proud to continue its support of the GQ Men of the Year Awards. It’s one of the most prominent celebrations of the diversity of innovation and excellence we have in Australia, and as a brand, we applaud all those who are recognised. Congratulations to all this year’s worthy winners.”
The annual GQ Men of the Year 2019 collector’s issue is on sale Monday 02 December 2019 starring GQ’s 2019 Man of the Year Jason Momoa on the cover and featuring exclusive interviews with the 2019 GQ Men of the Year award winners.
Supporting partners of the 2019 GQ Men of the Year Awards include Grey Goose Vodka, Paco Rabanne and Qantas with Coach New York and R.M.Williams also on board for the first time this year.
Winners of the 2019 GQ Men of the Year awards presented by Audi:
– Matt Stone, GQ Chef of the Year presented by Grey Goose
– True History of the Kelly Gang, GQ Ensemble of the Year
– Scott Marsh, GQ Agenda Setter of the Year
– Tommy Hilfiger, GQ Fashion Icon
– Chris Pang, GQ Breakthrough Actor of the Year, presented by Grey Goose
– Alton Mason, GQ Model of the Year, presented by Paco Rabanne
– Dan Sultan, GQ Musician of the Year
– Sipp Instant, Audi Innovation Award, presented by Audi
– HoMie, GQ Social Force
– Ash Barty, GQ Sportsperson of the Year
– Song for the Mute, GQ Fashion Brand of the Year
– Jacob Elordi, GQ TV Actor of the Year, presented by Qantas
– David Pocock, GQ Special Editor’s Award, presented by R.M.Williams
– Winston Duke, GQ Actor of the Year, presented by Coach New York
– Jason Momoa, GQ Man of the Year, presented by Coach New York
– Zendaya, GQ Woman of the Year, presented by Audi
– Baz Luhrmann, GQ Film Icon, presented by Audi
For coverage from the 2019 GQ Men of the Year black tie awards event visit www.gq.com.au/MOTY